Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Colour Lover

Yep, that's me...if I were European.  Technically I'm color lover...but I digress.

I realized after I made my last post that I forgot to mention one of my most favorite designer sites:
image
But I thought it deserved its own post anyhow.

I showed my husband the site and he just didn't get why this was such a good tool...well, I'll tell you why:

  • Because you can search through thousands of other people's color palettes to get inspiration.  Plus, you can heart a design so you can view it later.
  • You can create your own colors and color palettes and save them to your profile for others to view (mine is here.)  I don't know how many times I have put a palette together for a logo and the person didn't use it, but I couldn't remember where I saved the palette.  Plus, I don't have to save it to my computer...it's so handy.
  • You can also view and create patterns with your color palette.  That way, you can see if those colors REALLY look great together.
  • I can send my clients to this site so they can show me what colors they like best.  Sometimes I don't know what shade of blue they like...and many times I can't pick the color up out of a picture, so this site is perfect!  They just copy the link and email it to me.  Designers...if you're having shade and hue issues...send them to colourlovers.
  • It's fun.  I could look at the site for hours if time permitted.
And that's my ode to colourlovers.  My husband will definitely be reading this post :)


2 comments:

Brie said...

Thanks for the site, it is just what I need for a project I am working on! Oh, and on a side note...VERY addicting!

Ashleigh said...

Thanks for the tip, off to play... :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails