I realized after I made my last post that I forgot to mention one of my most favorite designer sites:
I showed my husband the site and he just didn't get why this was such a good tool...well, I'll tell you why:
- Because you can search through thousands of other people's color palettes to get inspiration. Plus, you can heart a design so you can view it later.
- You can create your own colors and color palettes and save them to your profile for others to view (mine is here.) I don't know how many times I have put a palette together for a logo and the person didn't use it, but I couldn't remember where I saved the palette. Plus, I don't have to save it to my computer...it's so handy.
- You can also view and create patterns with your color palette. That way, you can see if those colors REALLY look great together.
- I can send my clients to this site so they can show me what colors they like best. Sometimes I don't know what shade of blue they like...and many times I can't pick the color up out of a picture, so this site is perfect! They just copy the link and email it to me. Designers...if you're having shade and hue issues...send them to colourlovers.
- It's fun. I could look at the site for hours if time permitted.
And that's my ode to colourlovers. My husband will definitely be reading this post :)