Wednesday, June 30, 2010

You're Invited to My Pity Party...


Want to come??  I've been busy with Riley's first b-day plans and just Riley being one in general takes up most my time :)  I will definitely have a post about the party as I'm designing the invites and the fabric for the dress among other things.  I'm truly inspired by The Cake Blog and wish I could just have a dessert party, but alas, I'm no baker.  Seriously, for someone whose job is to make things pretty, I can not make a decent looking pastry.  So Riley's party will definitely be a foodie party.  But look how pretty:

Tweet Modern Bird Party in Yellow, Orange & Chocolate  
The Cake Blog:  Super Tweet Birthday on May 18, 2010

I'm pretty excited and I'm definitely making it way too involved...but that's how I roll.  One reason why I think I'm putting forth so much effort is because I'm majorly bummed that my baby is growing up.  Don't get me wrong...she's amazingly fun, so sweet, has the CUTEST personality ever...but seriously, where did this year go?  And can I have some of it back (not the first two months...those were rough...)?

But, I'm excited for what this next year holds for our little family.  I know I don't usually post personal things on this blog, but everyone on my personal blog already knows I'm having a mini breakdown...so now you get to hear my sob story :)  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Brie said...

Oh Erin! I know exactly how you are feeling, it is so hard to watch them grow up...I just wish there was a pause button on babies sometimes! I really wish you lived closer,I would gladly replicate the cake & cupcakes above as a present to the birthday girl!

Erin @ Strawberry Mommycakes said...

Brie, that would be awesome! It would be so fun if we lived closer! Kinsey and Riley would LOVE each other!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails